Proctoring is offered at Geneseo Public Library where space and staff time are available.
- Proctoring is available only during the library's open hours, when the staff member responsible for administering the exams is on duty.
- Arrangements must be made ahead of time so that there is adequate time for delivery of the exam to the library.
- To schedule a time to have your exam proctored please call the Geneseo Public Library.
- Make all arrangements with the institution giving the exam, ensuring that library staff proctoring the exam meet criteria set by the institution.
- Arrange for delivery of the exam. Library staff cannot make these arrangements for you.
- Exams may be written on paper or taken online. The library staff person will ensure that the person taking the exam meets its requirements, such as verifying ID and whether he/she has any accompanying materials. However, it is often not possible for the staff person to remain with the person taking the exam for the entire time.
- You or the examining institution must pay for postage if the exam is to be returned by mail without a stamped, self-addressed envelope. The library staff person proctoring the exam will be responsible for mailing the completed exam back to the examining institution. The library cannot issue mailing receipts.
- Library staff will determine whether they have the available resources to proctor an exam and may decline if they do not have the staff available or the exam does not meet the guidelines listed above.